“The origin of the nosocomial grouped case is mainly a patient (57%).”
Reports of nosocomial SARS-CoV-2 infections in France, March 2020 to June 2022
- The origin of the nosocomial grouped case is mainly a patient (57%).
- 76.5% of the reports received since the start of the epidemic corresponded to grouped case situations.
- The median number of cases per episode is 10.
- 34% of professionals were in grouped cases throughout the epidemic, gradually decreasing since wave 5 (November 2021).
- The 2 hypotheses most frequently raised to explain the transmission are the absence of identification of a case upon admission (45%) and the occurrence of breaks in the application of barrier measures (41%), especially when caring for and welcoming families/visitors.
Reports of nosocomial SARS-CoV-2 infections, March 2020-June 2022:Reports of nosocomial SARS-CoV-2 infections, March 2020-June 2022 ENGLISH
** This post was originally published on June 26, 2022 **