If you or your partner have monkeypox and you decide to have sex, consider the following to reduce the chance of spreading the virus:.
- Masturbate together at a distance of at least 6 feet, without touching each other and without touching any rash or sores.
- Consider having sex with your clothes on or covering areas where rash or sores are present, reducing as much skin-to-skin contact as possible.
- Have virtual sex with no in-person contact.
- Avoid kissing.
- Remember to wash your hands, fetish gear, sex toys and any fabrics (bedding, towels, clothing) after having sex
- Limit your number of partners to avoid opportunities for monkeypox to spread.
If you’re British and you have monkeypox, the advice is a bit more straightforward:
“If you have a rash with blisters, or any other monkeypox symptoms, don’t go to events, meet with friends or have sexual contact.”