There were extraordinary scenes at a senate committee hearing last week as Senator Rand Paul forensically cross-examined scientists about the origins of the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic, and the gain-of-function experiments that may have caused it.
After nearly three years of this pandemic, someone is finally asking the right questions about not only the health aspects of SARS-CoV-2, but also, crucially, the security implications too.
Forget Netflix for an evening, this is way more important.
- Why are gene sequences for pandemic-capable pathogens that can kill millions of people available publicly?
- Why are we searching for pandemic-capable pathogens and then manipulating them to make them even more infectious?
- Who is supervising these dangerous gain-of-function experiments?
- How easy would it be for a terrorist to create a pandemic-capable pathogen?
- Why is America funding gain-of function experiments on novel pathogens in China?
- Why are scientists undertaking gain-of-function research at all?
A must-watch video for anyone interested in how SARS -CoV-2 was able to kill and maim millions across the globe.
First Senate Hearing on Gain of Function Research, Part 1:
First Senate Hearing on Gain of Function Research, Part 2: