Pregnant women with monkeypox in the UK will be advised to have C-sections and be separated from their baby in hospital.… ...More...
“A robust signal was seen in the male genital tract (MGT) of all three animals studied.… ...More...
“The virus remains infective after a long infection period in the testes (viral reservoir)”
This is the first study that shows:
1) the high SARS-CoV-2 tropism to the testis
2) one mode of SARS-CoV-2 entrance in testes
3) SARS-CoV-2 preferred infection and replication in spermatogonia and macrophages
4) that the virus remains infective after a long infection period in the testes (viral reservoir)
5) high levels of angiotensin II and activated mast cells and macrophages are critical players in promoting all testicular alterations
6) the more extended severe condition, the lower the number of surviving germ cells
7) fluctuation in several essential testicular genes
8) that the intratesticular testosterone levels are 30 times reduced in testes of COVID-19 patients
9) the prevalent types of collagen present in SARS-CoV-2 mediated testicular fibrosis
10) the fluctuation of vasoconstrictive peptides in testes of COVID-19 critically ill patients
A man in his 30s has claimed that his penis shrunk by a total of 1.5 inches after contracting COVID-19 last July.… ...More...
Semen samples from 35 men taken within a month of their recovery showed a 60 per cent drop in their sperm’s ability to move and a 37 per cent reduction in sperm count.… ...More...